Thursday, October 30, 2008

Confessions



  • I count stairs when I climb them.
  • I listen to Swedish language tapes when I drive around in my car for no other reason than because my grandparents were Swedish immigrants. I use it to translate children's books that I buy in second-hand bookstores.
  • Underneath the bed still kind of gives me the creeps.

  • My closet is arranged completely by color.
  • I am inordinately fond of accessories.
  • I can't stand talking on the phone.

  • There is a box (yes, a box) of red wine in my fridge and I think it's delicious.
  • I have lived in 33 different houses. I've never lived in one longer than 5 years. During one 3-year period, I lived without a house at all.
  • I'm convinced my goldfish really loves me and gets excited when I come home. I won him at the County Fair two summers ago by throwing a ping-pong ball into his little bowl.

  • Water is my favorite drink.
  • I like anchovies on my pizza and in my Caesar salad
  • I really don't mind doing dishes, but I hate to vacuum.
  • I find stoned people unbelievably boring and stupid.
  • I think the shower has great acoustics.
  • When I was a kid, I wanted to be a cat burglar or a fashion designer.

  • I drink my coffee sweet and blond.
  • I have an extremely acute sense of smell.
  • I am a night owl.
  • My favorite color is any shade of red.
  • I could read when I was 2, write when I was 3.
  • When I was a kid I wrote Star Trek episodes, featuring myself.
  • I find algebra relaxing.

13 comments:

Big City Poz said...

Water is my favorite drink too. We should get married.

Where did you live during those three years? Were you in an apartment?

pmn34 said...

now that was much more interesting than north coast political opinions and agendas.

Ernie Branscomb said...

Well, I'm an Idiot Savant, and I have half of it down pat!

Indie said...

Big City Poz, I lived around Santa Cruz and occasionally Berkeley (Telegraph)or San Francisco (the Haight, Panhandle, etc.), in the woods, on the beach, or in my 1971 VW van, or alighting briefly at crashpads here and there. These were my Bohemian beach bum years, 1985-1989.

Indie said...

pmn34, Tell me! Aren't you so over the political thing?! It is reaching fever pitch. I can't wait for it to pass, even if my hopes and wishes for a better world don't get fulfilled. The only thing good about an election year is the hope we all entertain.

Indie said...

Ernie, you always make me laugh!

heraldo said...

I can't stand talking on the phone.

So human! So refreshing!

Indie said...

It's true about the phone, Heraldo; my friends and family have just come to accept it. I will write (letters, emails, texts, blogs) all day long, but I can't stand to have a phone pressed to my ear for more than a couple of minutes.

And that whole human thing just comes naturally. :)

I keep thinking of more of these confessions.

Kristabel said...

Indie! I count stairs when I walk up them too. And down. But going down, I only get to 8, and then I start singing the Laverne and Shirley theme song.

Now that's an embarrassing confession.

Indie said...

Kristabel, you always make me laugh too. I am picturing you, dancing down the stairs. How the HSU students would stare if I did that!!!

Anonymous said...

K, I just ran into this. Couriousity killed the cat kinda thing ya know... *lol* I see so much of me in you and then on the contrary I can just laugh about things you do. You're just cute and a great person. I swear, whenever I'll come to the States again, be sure I'll come to see you, too! Huggies, me. R.

Indie said...

R, all I can say is "You better!!!" If you come to the states, you better spend a lot of time with me!

Anonymous said...

Say! I used to count the stairs as I ran up them - the stairs to Founders Hall. Sometimes 2-4-6-8. Sometimes 3-6-9-12. I was in really good condition back then. Sometimes I even took those stairs four at a time!

I still like water and I have a very acute sense of scent. Er, smell.

But the really important reason I'm writing is I need to know your favorite brand of red box wine. This is a matter of some importance, so please don't delay your answer!

Thanks, Indie!