Monday, October 27, 2008

Eye in the Sky

Did anyone else notice that amazing cloud formation at sunset today, like a huge eye in the sky, with beams radiating upwards like great celestial eyelashes, banks of cloud in pink-gold against a brilliant Wedgewood sky? I half expected choruses of angels to begin and little winged babies to flutter by.

And me without a camera or even a cellphone today. You'll just have to take my word for it.

Like this, but with pink and gold:
Like this, but no special effects required:

UPDATE (Oct. 30): My dear friend Angela, who is never caught without HER camera, captured the aforementioned sunset. She saw it over beautiful trees, whereas I saw it over the icky Eureka cityscape and Target parking lot. Also, I think I was closer. Is that possible?

No comments: