Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Trouble with Politics

I'm concerned my blog may be giving a false impression of me. Looking through my posts, one might think I am interested in politics. I'm not.

The trouble with politics is you are forced to wade through the words and deeds of politicians, people who by definition are as vacuous as actors. An ordinary person trying to sort through issues -- important issues that will affect life, liberty and property --must wade through volumes of anti-communication, words contrived to confuse. I am interested in a healthy and peaceful life and world. Politics, on the other hand, disgust me. What I'm interested in is culture. Once in awhile, that overlaps with politics. And once in awhile, politics provide me with some amusement.

Where's that beer? I need some anesthesia.

No comments: