Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Lucky

Now that daylight savings time has fallen back, my bus trip home from school occurs at sunset. This is the view from the bus stop. I took the picture through the naked trees in order to please Lucy's sensibilities, which favor stark, eerie things.

You know how the kid in Sixth Sense sees dead people? Well, I see beautiful things. But, as with this evening's sky, I usually only have my cellphone with which to capture them.

I remember when cellphones were a relative novelty, and the idea of a camera? on your phone? seemed completely bizarre and unnecessary to me. But now, I use mine every day.

So this evening, I sat in a side-facing seat on the bus and watched the sun set all the way home through the great big picture window. Even though I had a rough day, that sunset made me feel lucky.

No comments: