Sunday, December 7, 2008

What a Bunch of Boobs!

Yes, I know I'm supposed to be working on my seminar paper. And I was! But you know how Google is, popping up with outlandish, intriguing yet really unrelated things when you do an innocent search. This time what popped up was lots and lots of boobs.

I know: what's news about that?

But listen to this: In Australia this week, an entire shipload of fake boobs vanished without a trace! These plastic boobs were part of a men's magazine promotion; the magazine was going to give away some fake boobs to everyone who subscribed. But when the ship arrived, the boobs were gone. Beachcomber are keeping an eye out for these things washing ashore. I wonder what the fish think?

Here's a link to the article in case you think I'm making this up: "Ralph Magazine Loses 130,000 Inflatable Boobs."

There are about 130,000 jokes I could make about this but I have to get back to work now.

11 comments:

heraldo said...

Great, more plastic crap to litter the oceans and injure marine life.

Indie said...

Exactly.

Kristen said...

*heeheehee* Oh my gosh: this is both extremely pitiful and sadly funny. "What a Bunch of Boobs" is spot on, Indie!

Good to hear from your one-of-a-kind perspective today :)

In Joy,
Kristen

Indie said...

Kristen, yes, it gave me that much-needed LOL of the day. But sad and frankly, rather icky.

Ernie Branscomb said...

Imagine being shipwrecked for weeks, while clinging to a poorly inflated rubber raft. You are surviving by catching fish with a piece of fishing line that you have found floating on a Styrofoam bobber. You wring and squeeze the fish, and by drinking the fish juices, you quench your growing thirst. Finally you see land, and all you have to paddle with is your hands. The current takes you closer for awhile, and then takes you out to sea for a while. In your exhaustion, you wonder if it’s really land or you are just hallucinating, but with your persistent paddling, you get close enough to land that you get caught in the thrust of the shoreward waves. You pass out just as the raft catches a wave and you crash ashore unconscious. You awaken lying in the warm sand surrounded by a field of female human breasts, and you groan in the realization that you are not saved, but back into your male fantasy.

Indie said...

Ernie, I love you!

Lucy said...

HAHAHA, where could they be? Maybe someone stole them! I think it's funny that you get a free rack with magazine subscription, it's kinda random. Anyway, Get back to work!

Indie said...

Lucy, lol. Hey, a magazine that comes with its own rack!!!!! lol!

Kym said...

I keep picturing them floating in great flocks across the ocean like rubber duckies in a race.

(Ernie, wow, you have a vivid and "interesting" imagination;>)

beachcomber said...

"Beachcomber are keeping an eye out for these things washing ashore."
...and so we will be.

Indie said...

Beachcomber, I actually thought of you when I wrote that. :)

I'm glad all my blog friends are making the 130,000 jokes about this that I didn't have time to make.

Back to work now...