Saturday, January 31, 2009

Sixth of the Sixth

I was tagged by my friend Steviewren over at "A Little Birdie Told Me So" to post the sixth photo in my sixth photo folder and tell the story.

I discovered Stevewren's blog on a treasure hunt I once went on --searching online for something, one treasure sends you on the road to the next; I'm sure you know what I mean. I stumbled upon one artsy woman's blog, and by clicking on the links of those who commented, there opened up a whole world of wonderful, intelligent, creative women who regularly post inspiring things on their blogs. Steviewren is a talented artist, clever and ironic, soon to be discovered I'm sure.

Here is the sixth photo from my sixth folder:
Here I am in Santa Rosa, the car all packed up for the trip home, April last year. My son and I were about to drive home after being stuck in Santa Rosa for eight days as he recovered from his eye surgery.

It was a grueling time, staying in a motel room with a teenager in misery and pain. The only thing that fueled me for my job as nurse and cheerleader was bad motel-room coffee. The whole time I was there, I longed for Starbucks, but my own desires were secondary to keeping my boy comfortable and cheered.

So here I am, getting ready for the three-hour drive home. The happy look on my face is extreme relief at getting to leave finally and happiness at the long-awaited taste of a Starbucks Iced Mocha.

I took this picture myself because the relief I felt was so remarkable I wanted to document it!

According to Steviewren, these are the Rules of the Game:
1. Pick the 6th picture in your 6th folder.
2. Post that picture on your blog and the story that goes along with the picture.

3. Tag 6 other people that you know or don’t know to do the same thing and leave a comment on their blog or an e-mail letting them know you chose them.
Here are the six people I want to tag, and as Steviewren said, "Play along only if you want to."

Lucy at Shattered Whispers
Jack at Rambling Jack's Laboratory
Beachcomber at A Beachcomber's Blog
Ernie at Ernie's Place
Kristen at Blooms of Creation
Kristabel at Chocolate Covered Xanax

6 comments:

steviewren said...

I'm happy to find out that I am not the only one who takes their own picture. hehe I've never been a fan of coffee...until I discovered Starbucks Mocha Frappuccinos. Yum!

Indie said...

I learned the fine art of taking my own picture from all the little girls I'm friends with on MySpace. Narcissism isn't even in their vocabulary.

beachcomber said...

I've been practicing the "myspace" thing but I don't photograph any better when I'm doing it than when someone else holds the camera. I will keep trying. Yours is great.

Thanks for the tag. I took you up on it.

EkoVox said...

Damn you, Indie....Now, I have yet another photo of me online. I thought I could hide from society, but noooooooo. Play along if you want to...yeah, sure. A challenge is a challenge.

Indie said...

EkoVox, I think your identity is safe behind dust mask!

Anonymous said...

Hi K! You know what I wonder for the longest time and wanted to ask you? Are any of your family members reading your blogs? Like Fred or Skyler or Tristan? What do they think about it? As I said, just a thought of mine. Love, R.