Monday, March 23, 2009
1. Your son grows up before your eyes into someone you deeply admire.
2. Your heart fills unexpectedly with love for someone who isn't even born yet.
3. You have a birthday and get lavished with attention by friends, family and even acquaintances.
4. You serendipitously discover your dream job.
5. You update your resume and recall all the cool things you know how to do.
6. People you deeply respect praise you lavishly in recommendation letters.
7. You experience the capriciousness of a spring day, with hard hail in the morning and sparkly sunshine in the afternoon.
8. You finally get rid of the boxes of unwanted possessions that have been crowding your house.
9. You find out that a high-blood pressure reading was the result of someone checking you with the wrong size cuff.
10. You get rid of some of your worries so the remaining ones begin to look manageable.
11. You feel the first faint stirrings of attraction like sap moving in trees after a long winter.